Syracuse University College of Law
Villanova University, B.A.
American Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
New Jersey State Bar Association
Onondaga County Bar Association
Kristin graduated cum laude from Syracuse University College of Law in 2008 where she served as Managing Editor of the Syracuse Law Review from 2007 to 2008. While in law school, she clerked for Judge David N. Hurd of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York and interned at the U.S. District Attorney's Office. Kristin recieved her B.A., magna cum laude, from Villanova University in 2002.
Kristin is admitted to practice law in New York and New Jersey. She is a member of the American Bar Association, New York State Bar Association, New Jersey State Bar Association and the Onondaga County Bar Association.
Joining The Heavy Hitters
Prior to joining the Heavy Hitters, Kristin Walker practiced civil litigation as an associate at the law firms of Barclay Damon LLP and Costello, Cooney & Fearon PLLC in Syracuse, NY, where she managed numerous insurance defense and insurance coverage matters. Prior to that, Kristin was an associate at McCarter & English LLP in the firm's New York City office. At McCarter, Kristin practiced within the firm's corporate, securities and financial institutions practice group.
- "Tax Benefits for Education," The Tax Adviser, pp. 464-470, July 2010, co-author
- "U.S. Perspectives on E-Commerce Transactions," International Sales: Newsletter International Bar Association Legal Practice Division, September 2009, co-author
- "A Not-So-Crummy Way to Avoid Taxes: A Congressional Call for Action to Facilitate the Annual Exclusion and Avoid Abuse of the Present Interest Requirement," Syracuse Law Review, 2008
- Republished, The Digest Tax Articles, 2009
- Critiqued Review and Comment, Trusts and Estates Magazine, 2009