There are several things you can do to maximize your chances of winning. Following the guidelines listed below will help you protect your case:
- Don't talk to anyone other than your attorney about your case, including insurance companies, friends, and co-workers.
- Don't write to anyone other than your attorney about your case. Consult with your attorney about whether you should keep a diary or journal about your case.
- When visiting your doctor, discuss only your symptoms and treatment. Do not discuss other aspects of yo-qr case. Follow all of your doctor's instructions. This includes going back to work when your doctor approves it.
- Contact your attorney periodically, especially if there are any changes in your case (e.g., your address changes or your doctor changes your treatment).
- Let friends, relatives, and co-workers know that they may be contacted by an insurance company or insurance adjustors. Tell them that they are not obligated to talk about the case, but if they do, encourage them to tell the truth.
- The defendant's insurance company may conduct surveillance to try to catch you doing something that would prove that you're not injured as badly as you say. Whatever happens, do not do things your doctor has told you to avoid.